St John Paul II College has achieved some significant milestones over the past 8 years. This year we reached a cohort of approximately 970 students, with an intake of 208 Year 7 students in 2022. This will grow even further, eventually reaching around 1,000 students over the coming years.
Our Principal Catherine Rey and the Leadership Team in conjunction with the Catholic Education Office are responsible for the day to day operation of the College with the Council providing a governance structure, similar to that of a Board for a corporation.
The council has responsibility for providing feedback and making decisions on behalf of the school community in relation to areas such as:
- Supporting the development of the Catholic identity, ethos and mission of the school.
- Supporting pastoral care strategies in the school community.
- Promoting the school in the local community, supporting the engagement of parents and providing a forum for feedback from the school community.
- Developing, approving and monitoring the annual budget, including school determined levies, loan commitments and the fees collection and remission policy.
The Council meets approximately 6 times a year and Council members will also contribute to activities outside meetings in support of College activities.
Our current council:
- Evan Thomas - Chair
- Brett Russell - Deputy Chair
- Fiona Collis
- Catherine Morris
- Jim Fisher
- Catherine Rey – Principal
- Keith Vardanega – Business Manager
- Jacob Knowles – Assistant Principal
- Kathleen Garvie – Assistant Principal
- Nicholas Whatman - Assistant Principal
- Jennifer Tually – Staff Representative
- Kris Davis – Secretary to the Council
- Father Mark Croker
- Alison Weekes – Parish Council
For more information or to contact the Council please email email@example.com